Full Day Workshops
The workshop will be held on 2.5.2019, a day before the conference, on the Gurten in Bern, Switzerland
With easy, fun labs, we will help you learn why ngrx is considered an essential library for modern Angular applications. Learn how redux works and why immutable data flows are crucial to predictable UX. Learn how ngrx brings reactive redux features to your Angular application and see how effects and facades work with asynchronous processes. See how easy it is to test your application logic and explore the redux time-travel features.
What you will learn
* What is state management and why do we need it
* Redux core concepts and principles
* Implement redux from scratch
* Implement reducers
* Combining reducers
* Learn about ngrx and how it is different from redux
* Selecting data from the store
* Dispatching actions
* How to tackle deep linking
* Introduction to memoization
* Selector composition
* ngrx/Effects for async operations
* Facade pattern
* Debugging techniques
* Level: Intermediate
* Intermediate working knowledge of Angular
* Understanding of Observables
This course is for you if you already know Angular but you are curious how to manage your state with libraries like redux or ngrx.
Your instructor Dominic Elm
Dominic is a graduate in computer science and is passionate about many web technologies including Angular, Firebase, and ReactiveX. He has always been enthusiastic about teaching. In fact, Dominic devoted his thesis on the topic of enterprise gamification making the the process of sharing and learning within companies fun and enjoyable for everyone. At the moment he's a Trainer at thoughtram providing Angular trainings worldwide.
* Follow the preparation https://thoughtram.io/prepare-for-your-training.html
* GitHub account
* Angular CLI installed globally
* Code editor, e.g. Visual Studio Code
In this full day training, we will cover everything you need to successfully adopt Vuex. You will learn how to build and design a Vuex Store, find out the differences between actions and mutations, along with best practices. We’ll review how complex Vuex architectures work, how components communicate between modules, how to improve performance, testing and much more.
* Actions vs Mutations
* Vuex Packages and Utilities
* Getters, memoization and performance
* Refactoring using Component Helpers
* Namespaced and Extension Modules
* Modules hierarchy and communication
* Reusing stores
* Local and Global context
* Dynamic Modules: vuex-router-sync source code study
* Testing using Jest/Cypress
You already know or are curious about Vuex. You are also interested in learning bestpractices and less known areas.
Your instructor Gerard Sans
Come learn the fundamental concepts behind RxJS (or Rx in other languages) and gain confidence programming with reactive Observables. Rx is a cross-platform library for handling asynchronous programming and user interfaces. In this one-day training workshop, Andre Staltz will guide you through lectures and exercises. Expect to see Rx concepts demystified, practice with exercises, make questions, and gain confidence with the tools.
What you will learn
This is a 1-day training workshop that will cover the following topics, with lectures and exercises:
* Reactive programming fundamentals
* Observable, Observer, Subscription
* Converting things to Observables
* Basic operators
* Debugging techniques
* Subjects and multicast
* Observables of Observables
Your instructor Andre Staltz
You will be taught by Andre 'Staltz' Medeiros, an expert in Rx who has:
* Delivered frontend and mobile apps in production with RxJS and RxJava
* Been a core contributor to RxJS
* Given conference talks on reactive programming and RxJS
* Taught RxJS through online courses
* Authored a reactive streams library and the Cycle.js framework
* Written blog posts on RxJS since 2014
No prior knowledge of Rx is required. For those of you who have used Rx, this training may not be for you if you are expecting advanced topics. The rule of thumb is, join if you would like to feel comfortable and confident programming with Rx.
This course is for you if:
* You have basic knowledge in programming in OOP and user interfaces
* You have heard of Rx or used it but are not fully familiar or comfortable with it
What you will need
Please bring your own laptop as the day will involve hands-on practicing through programming exercises. No special software is needed, as the browser suffices for the exercises.
Angular is a powerful framework for creating modern Single Page Applications. Angular was specifically built for complex applications and large teams. For this reason it is widely adopted in enterprise environments and a perfect fit for typical business applications.
This course is an introduction into modern front-end development with the latest version of Angular targeted for traditional enterprise developers.
What you will learn
* Understanding the basics of single-page applications and the modern web development toolchain (npm, webpack, ECMAScript 2015+, TypeScript …)
* Setting up an Angular application using the Angular CLI and the latest Version of Angular
* Getting to know the building blocks of Angular (components, services, routing, backend access …) and the architecture of an Angular application
* Writing your own components
* Extending an application with an additional screen and backend access
* An overview over the current Angular ecosystem
Developers and Architects who want to get to know Angular. The course is designed equally for backend developers with no front-end experience or frontend developers that want to learn Angular.
Participants should have a solid programming background and basic knowledge of web development.
The course is especially a good fit for developers who already have experience in AngularJS (Angular 1.x) and want to get to know the new Angular.
* Bring your own laptop
* Node must be installed https://nodejs.org/en/download/current/ with node version 10 or higher.
* Unrestricted internet access (you must be able to access github/bitbucket and install packages via npm, corporate VPNs and proxies are a common source for problems in this regard …). WLAN will be provided.
Jonas Bandi is a freelance developer, consultant and trainer. His current passion lies in bringing modern frontend development to traditional enterprise projects.