Your coach Jonas Bandi
Jonas Bandi is a freelance developer, consultant and trainer. His current passion lies in bringing modern frontend development to traditional enterprise projects.
In the past years he shared his knowledge in dozens of in-house workshops at companies all over Switzerland. Jonas is also a lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences (BFH) in Bern.
About the course
Angular is a powerful framework for creating modern Single Page Applications. Angular was specifically built for complex applications and large teams. For this reason it is widely adopted in enterprise environments and a perfect fit for typical business applications.
This course is an introduction into modern front-end development with the latest version of Angular targeted for traditional enterprise developers.
Date & time
23. April 2020, 09:00-17:00
What you will learn
- Setting up an Angular application using the Angular CLI and the latest Version of Angular
- A basic understanding of the underlying toolchain of the Angular CLI (npm, webpack, ECMAScript 2015+, TypeScript …)
- Getting to know the building blocks of Angular (components, services, routing, backend access …) and the architecture of an Angular application (component patterns, dataflow, backend access …)
- Writing your own components
- Extending an application with an additional screen and backend access
- An overview over the current Angular ecosystem
- Bring your own laptop
- Node must be installed https://nodejs.org/en/download/current/ with node version 10 or higher.
- Unrestricted internet access (you must be able to access github/bitbucket and install packages via npm, corporate VPNs and proxies are a common source for problems in this regard …). WLAN will be provided.
Developers and Architects who want to get to know Angular. The course is designed equally for backend developers with no front-end experience or frontend developers that want to learn Angular.
Participants should have a solid programming background and basic knowledge of web development.
The course is also a good fit for developers who already have experience in AngularJS (Angular 1.x) and want to get to know the new Angular.